Orange Forum • View topic - GSoC projects

GSoC projects

General discussions about Orange and with Orange connected things (data mining, machine learning, bioinformatics...).

GSoC projects

Postby cprecup » Sat Mar 17, 2012 14:11

I am a 3rd year undergraduate student of Software Engineering at the Babeș-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca (Romania). There are two project ideas that I am interested in:

* the Neural networks project
    * the Matrix factorization techniques for data mining project

My background experience includes development in C/C++. For example, my previous successful GSoC 2011 project was developed in C++; this project was related to 2d modelling of objects ("Netgen: Constructive Solid Geometry in 2d" for the TU Wien organisation). Furthermore, I dealt with image processing in C/C++ during my internship at National Instruments.

Regarding the experience needed for these projects, I have studied evolutionary computation and artificial intelligence and developed an application for single-objective optimization. I should mention that I have good background in math, since it's been one of the domains that concerned me.

I am applying for your organisation because I find bioinformatics very interesting and I want to enrich my experience as much as I can in this field.

Should there be any suggestions on providing more information or familiarizing myself with the subjects involved in this project, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,
--
Cristina Precup

Return to General Discussions