Orange Forum • View topic - Parallel Computing Backend.

Parallel Computing Backend.

General discussions about Orange and with Orange connected things (data mining, machine learning, bioinformatics...).

Parallel Computing Backend.

Postby dhananjay » Sun Mar 18, 2012 13:51

Hi,

I am a Third year U.G student in Computer Engineering from India. I would like to explore the GSoC project proposal for developing a parallel computaion backend for orange scripts.

I am interested in Parallel computaion and large scale data processing mining systems. Last summer I had the opportunity to work on BOINC grid system under the Google Open Source Programs Office, GSoC 2011. The work was to make Autodock, a molecular docking tool to compute using BOINC system. (It is documented here: http://wiki.debian.org/BOINC and the subpages)

I am excited by the idea of this project. I am entirly new to orange and doesnt have much of a data mining background. Currently I am going through the orange documentation and they seems to be fun and perfect. Also I am familirizing with the code base.

I would like to hear your thoughts about this project and every bit of advice you have for me.

Hoping for a wonderful summer with you guys,

-
Dhananjay Balan
College Of Engineering, Trivandrum.

Return to General Discussions