Orange Forum • View topic - Neural Networks

Neural Networks

General discussions about Orange and with Orange connected things (data mining, machine learning, bioinformatics...).

Neural Networks

Postby s1thsv » Tue Mar 20, 2012 17:59

Greetings to everyone.
I am looking at the project idea : Implementing Neural Networks for Orange, I read the information given in the ideas page, but its really vague. I wanted to have a discussion here, probably with someone working from Orange. First off all , what type of neural network classifier are we looking at here? With my not so much Orange experience, I understand that this neural network should be a general one, which should help learn and classify any kind of data . So the architecture/design of the neural network should be carefully designed. Probably, if someone point out to what is the expectations from this project, it would of a great help. Thanks.

Regards,
Yeswanth

Re: Neural Networks

Postby jurezb » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:42

First off all , what type of neural network classifier are we looking at here?

We'll start with a feedforward neural network.

I understand that this neural network should be a general one, which should help learn and classify any kind of data

I'm not sure what you mean by any kind of data. The algorithm should work in the basic supervised setting.

Probably, if someone point out to what is the expectations from this project, it would of a great help

The basic requirement would be to implement a feedforward neural network with a variable number of hidden layers along with the backpropagation algorithm for training.

Return to General Discussions