Orange Forum • View topic - I can't see widget tabs

I can't see widget tabs

Report bugs (or imagined bugs).
(Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.)
Forum rules
Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.

I can't see widget tabs

Postby maticc » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:12

I installed the Orange (with apt-get) and it worked OK for a while. In few days I get this error while stating the canvas:

Code: Select all
There were problems importing the following widgets:
   OWMetaMiner: No module named scipy.stats
   OWRScript: No module named rpy2.robjects
   OWScatterPlot3D: cannot import name QtOpenGL
The following prototype widgets could not be imported and will not be available: OWMetaMiner, OWScatterPlot3D, OWRScript.

And all tabs are gone. There is only the main window with the "file" row and white background. The "widget" menu is disabled.

I removed orange from the system, and then compiledfrom fresh source from SVN, but this didn't solve the problem.

Python 2.6

Thanks, Matic

Postby marko » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:20

It seems like your widget tab is hidden. Right click the menu bar to enable it.

Also, you should try right-clicking on the schema for the alternative widget menu.

If neither works, remove the .orange directory. It contains the settings.

Postby maticc » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:43

Thanks Marko, now i see where is my problem. I have the widgets now, but unfortunately I've lost some saved files. I thought that there is some problem with widgets, because there were no tabs and I couldn't open the *.ows files with my project.

Now I realized that the few *.ows projects have size less than 1KB. Don't know how this happened ... maybe the "save" was unsuccessful. Funny that this happened together (save problem and hiding widgets...)

I'll make the projects again ...

lp, Matic

Postby maticc » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:15

I think there is a problem, when:
1. you "save" the ows project and then quickly hit "close" the program OR
2. click "close", but then while orange window is still running (maybe because the project is huge and contains a lot of data, etc.) click "save"

So the program is finished before save operation is successfully finished. Canvas makes the ows file containing only:
Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<schema>
   <widgets/>
   <channels/>
   <settings settingsDictionary="{}"/>
</schema>

and work from previous save is lost...

lp, Matic

Return to Bugs