Orange Forum • View topic - Version of orange instal for python 2.4?

Version of orange instal for python 2.4?

Report bugs (or imagined bugs).
(Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.)
Forum rules
Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.

Version of orange instal for python 2.4?

Postby rubin » Sat Dec 24, 2005 18:45

I have python 2.4 on my Windows machine, and your installer complains I need python 2.3. Could you make an install for python 2.4? BTW--I tried building orange from sources using Visual Studio, but I get build errors.
Thanks

I get some mistaken too!

Postby buben » Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:19

When I compiled the orange.dsw under orange/source/,there is a fatal error:
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file "orange.lib". Then I opened the file orange/source/orange/orange.dsw,there are 8 error LNK2001, one of its is:
basket.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > __cdecl trim(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > con
st &)" (?trim@@YA?AV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@ABV12@@Z). :(
What's your problem?

Yes, Orange for Python 2.4.3 would be great

Postby thegoldbug » Sun Apr 09, 2006 21:13

What's it take to get it to work with 2.4.3.

What about backward compatibility with Python 2.2? We run an application at work that only uses 2.2 (not 2.3 or 2.4) and the company providing the application is slow to update/upgrade.

thanks

Postby Janez » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:38

I believe it is impossible to make the module compatible with different versions of Python (except subversions like 2.3.1-2.3.5). I've never seen it anywhere.

The problem is not in sources, only in the version of Python against which the module is linked. Orange is compatible with any Python from 2.2 up (including 2.4). So why don't we do it and put the binaries on the web? Well, I once had two versions of Python on a single machine, and it was really annoying. I wouldn't like to have such a chaos again. But we may sacrifice another machine for that purpose and redesign the snapshot build process to prepare versions for different Pythons.

JAnez

Postby vim » Tue Apr 11, 2006 14:06

thanks janez.for your hard word.

i just check the webpage of pyqt4
http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/pyqt/roadmap.php

pyqt4 maybe released this month :D

Postby vim » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:42

yesterday, i install the snapshot of pyqt4.
and run the examples, all works nice. :D

Return to Bugs