Orange Forum • View topic - building with visual studio.net

building with visual studio.net

Report bugs (or imagined bugs).
(Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.)
Forum rules
Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.

building with visual studio.net

Postby rubin » Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:34

I tried opening the source projects in visual studio.net, but it complains that your project files are corrupted. Do you have a cmake file that I can use to generate the proper build files for visual studio.net?
Thanks.

Postby Janez » Mon May 22, 2006 23:53

We've been searching through old unanswered posts and found this one. I hope the answer will still help someone.

I don't know why it happens, but VC.Net says some files are corrupted and doesn't import them. It helps if you remove these projects from the workspace (this is 6.0 terminology, I don't know the newest MS buzzwords) and them add them again one by one.

Visual Studio 2003 loads and compiles the code without problems.

We just discovered an additional problem: it seems that the STL has changed in VS 2003, so types like strings are not binary compatible with the older versions. If you thus compile a new module and (dynamically) link it against Orange, it won't work. All binaries need to be compiled with the same version of STL, so to prepare 3rd party binary modules you'll have to either use VS 6.0 (or .NET, I guess), or compile the entire Orange again yourself.

Return to Bugs