Orange Forum • View topic - Mac OS X 10.4.4 Orange Errors

Mac OS X 10.4.4 Orange Errors

Report bugs (or imagined bugs).
(Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.)
Forum rules
Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.

Mac OS X 10.4.4 Orange Errors

Postby vr_mex » Thu Jan 12, 2006 19:07

Installed Orange for Macintosh (OrangeInstall-0.9.5.dmg ) on OS X 10.4.4 on G4 1GB 1.67GHZ PowerBook.

Followed Orange for Beginners and in Titanic.tab example got error when tried to connect Naive Bayes widget to Nomogram widget.

This is the error I get:
Unhandled exception of type exceptions.NameError occured at 12:2:23:
Traceback:
File: orngView.py in line 338
Function name: contentsMouseReleaseEvent
Code: line = self.doc.addLine(outWidget, inWidget)
File: orngDoc.py in line 89
Function name: addLine
Code: connectStatus = dialog.addDefaultLinks()
File: orngDlgs.py in line 342
Function name: addDefaultLinks
Code: if issubclass(eval(outS.type), eval(inS.type)):
Exception type: exceptions.NameError
Exception value: name 'orange' is not defined

I also get errors when saving output window.
I also get errors when using any of the tree viewers.

Please Help

Re: Mac OS X 10.4.4 Orange Errors

Postby chris bennett » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:41

ya - i get the same exact error on OS 10.4.4

figured it out

Postby chris bennett » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:55

try downloading the latest image from CVS. seems to be stable/working with 10.4.4 as of march 2.

Postby Mitar » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:42

I have just made a Mac OS X bundle with the freshest Orange. You can find it under snapshots on Download page.

Please report any problems.

Same thing

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 03, 2007 17:02

I'm on 10.3
I downloaded most recent normal one today

Unhandled exception of type exceptions.NameError occured at 11:52:12:
Traceback:
  File: orngView.py in line 338
  Function name: contentsMouseReleaseEvent
  Code: line = self.doc.addLine(outWidget, inWidget)
    File: orngDoc.py in line 89
    Function name: addLine
    Code: connectStatus = dialog.addDefaultLinks()
      File: orngDlgs.py in line 342
      Function name: addDefaultLinks
      Code: if issubclass(eval(outS.type), eval(inS.type)):
        Exception type: exceptions.NameError
        Exception value: name 'orange' is not defined

By the way, is this the best program for me to be using anyway? I am interested in using machine learning to predict spelling based on prronounciation of words. I am wondering if there are really hidden rules about it that they never teach you in school. I am 15, and though fairly good with computers, have no experience with this particular field. I'm trying this on a whim of an idea, though that dosen't mean I'm not at all serious.

Re: Same thing

Postby Mitar » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:14

Anonymous wrote:I'm on 10.3

The current version was not tested on 10.3 anymore and we were thinking of not supporting it there. But it could work. I checked a little bit around now and we could probably get it to work there too.

Do you have 10.3.9 version? Because libraries are an universal binary and support for them was added in 10.3.9 version. But probably you have because otherwise Python (and Orange canvas with it) would not work anyways.

What do you do that you get this error? Just run it?

Thanks for the report.

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:30

Pretty sure it is 10.3.9
I seem to get it when I release the blue line connector by any complicated function output (the simple data table works, but not much other output) so I can't really get anything usefull out of the program although it runs

Postby Mitar » Sun Sep 02, 2007 17:13

The Mac OS X 10.3 is now officially unsupported and Orange bundles distributed here do not work there. There are some functionalities missing in 10.3 and it would take too much time to work around them (if it would be even possible to do that), at least my initial work on this has been just plain standstill.

For more technical savvy, the problem is a missing support for dlopen call on which Orange and underlying libraries depend. There is a workaround library, dlcompat, but the tricky part is to make it work both on 10.3 and 10.4 at the same time, universally and for Orange and all libraries. Of course, patches are always welcomed.

Return to Bugs