Orange Forum • View topic - GNU/Debian error compilation

GNU/Debian error compilation

Report bugs (or imagined bugs).
(Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.)
Forum rules
Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.

GNU/Debian error compilation

Postby Luca » Fri Feb 10, 2006 20:17

Hi, I have GNU/Debian Testing, and I have an error while compiling.
I have perl 2.3, libgsl-dev, I try to use sudo or fakeroot, but I receive the same error:

pj@crumble:~/debian/orange$ fakeroot python setup.py compile
PyQwt not installed!
You can get it at: http://pyqwt.sourceforge.net/
Orange specific data installation
running compile
Default compiler options are taken...
ppp/../learn.hpp:51: error: default argument for parameter of type ‘PDomainContingency&’ has type ‘PDomainContingency’
ppp/../learn.hpp:52: error: default argument for parameter of type ‘PDomainDistributions&’ has type ‘PDomainDistributions’
ppp/../learn.hpp:53: error: default argument for parameter of type ‘PDistribution&’ has type ‘PDistribution’
make[1]: *** [obj/assoc.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1
Compiling... this might take a while, logging into compiling.log... Compiling Orange failed... exiting!
pj@crumble:~/debian/orange$

thank you
bye
Luca

Postby jgilbert » Wed Feb 15, 2006 13:49

You need PyQwt which is, unfortunately, not in Debian. See my post here: http://www.ailab.si/orange/forum/viewtopic.php?t=201

Postby Janez » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:38

It's not just PyQwt, gcc is having problems with default arguments (it seems to disallow references to temporary objects). Which version of gcc do you have?

Can you try to remove the ampersands from lines 51-53 in learn.hpp and 116-118 in learn.cpp? (But leave those in lines 50 (115), that is in "int &weight".)

Please tell me if it works.

It works but...

Postby Frank » Tue Jun 06, 2006 0:25

I removed the & as you suggested and it worked but I run into a new error.

Code: Select all
distvars.cpp: In member function ‘virtual float TContDistribution::highestProbFl oatIndex() const’:
distvars.cpp:1103: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘std::_Rb_tre e_const_iterator<std::pair<const float, float> >’ requested
distvars.cpp: In member function ‘virtual float TContDistribution::highestProb()  const’:
distvars.cpp:1123: error: conversion from ‘int’ to non-scalar type ‘std::_Rb_tre e_const_iterator<std::pair<const float, float> >’ requested
make[1]: *** [obj/distvars.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/francois/orange/source/orange'
make: *** [all] Error 1

Postby Janez » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:58

Have you tried the newest snapshot? I think this has been fixed, too (last Friday, I guess).

If not: which version of gcc do you use?

Postby Frank » Tue Jun 06, 2006 19:38

I used the latest snapshot and I get the same error.

My version of gcc is: 4.1.1

Postby Janez » Tue Jun 06, 2006 21:30

Oops, the server wasn't updating the snapshot for a week due to a problem with the CVS login - and nobody noticed. I've created a new snapshot manually now and it should be OK. Please try it and report.

Thanks,
Janez

Postby KiBi » Tue Feb 06, 2007 23:19

Just for the record (especially for jgilbert): pyqwt is packaged in Debian by now, see http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/pyqwt.html

Return to Bugs