Orange Forum • View topic - Classification Tree Viewer error bug

Classification Tree Viewer error bug

Report bugs (or imagined bugs).
(Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.)
Forum rules
Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.

Classification Tree Viewer error bug

Postby Sam_Nav » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:23

Hello everyone,

I am new to data-mining and I found Orange Canvas while searching the internet about data-miners. I found Orange Canvas to be an excellent data-mining platform for beginners. Keep the good work going!!

The problem is that I've started playing with Orange Canvas; trying to classify some classic datasets (e.g. Iris dataset etc.). So I used a Classification Tree algorithm to classify the dataset. All goes right up till this classification. Then I wanted to view the Classification Tree that I had just built. So I tried to add a "Classification Tree Viewer" after the Classification Tree. The problem is that I can't add the "Classification Tree Viewer". When I click on the Classification Tree Viewer Tab, instead of the Viewer getting in the canvas, a new window opens with the following error:

Unhandled exception os type exceptions.AttributeError occured at 12:13:05:

Traceback:

File: orngDoc.py in line 254
Function Name: addWidget
Code: newwidget = orngCanvasItems.CanvasWidget(self.signalManager, self. canvas, self.canvasView, widget, self.canvasDlg.defaultPic, self.canvasDlg)
File: orngCanvasItems.py in line 352
Function name: __init__
Code: self:instance = eval(code)
Exception type: exceptions.AttributeError
Exception value: 'module' object has no attribute 'OWClassificationTreeViewer'

I really don't understand what the problem is. And it happens just when I click on the widget on the tab menu.

However, all the other widgets are working just fine. Even the "Classification Tree Viewer 2D" is working just perfect. Actually I don't understand the difference between these two viewers.

Any help in this matter would be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much again.

Sam.

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:34

I am sorry to bother everyone again, but I just downloaded the latest snapshot of Orange and installed it again.

The same problem exists; however now the error message has changed a little bit:

Unhandled exception of type exceptions.AttributeError occured at 12:27:15:

Traceback:

File: orngDoc.py in line 254
Function Name: addWidget
Code: newwidget = orngCanvasItems.CanvasWidget(self.signalManager, self. canvas, self.canvasView, widget, self.canvasDlg.defaultPic, self.canvasDlg)
File: orngCanvasItems.py in line 350
Function name: __init__
Code: self:instance = eval(code)
File: OWClassificationTreeViewer.py in line 10
Function name: ?
Code: from orngTreeLearner import TreeLearner
Exception type: exceptions.ImportError
Exception value: No module named orngTreeLearner

By the way, the same error occurs when I try to add Interactive Tree Builder as well.

Hope you would help me out.

Best regards,
Sam.

Postby Blaz » Wed Mar 22, 2006 18:34

sam, thanks for reporting this - we'll check this out. i have posted the answer of Tree Viewer vs 2D viewer in http://www.ailab.si/orange/forum/viewtopic.php?p=668#668

Postby Janez » Wed Mar 22, 2006 22:27

Fixed; should work in the next snapshot.

Thanks

Postby Sam_Nav » Thu Mar 23, 2006 14:10

Thanks again!!

Since, I don't want to run two threads on two different forums, I've replied on the Questions tab.

Thank you very much again for your help. Keep the good work going.

Sam.

Return to Bugs