Orange Forum • View topic - DiscretizedDomains vs. DomainDiscretization

DiscretizedDomains vs. DomainDiscretization

Report bugs (or imagined bugs).
(Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.)
Forum rules
Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.

DiscretizedDomains vs. DomainDiscretization

Postby Feanor76 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 14:52

Under the latest stable (may-31), comments in discretize.hpp indicate that DiscretizedDomains are deprecated and that they are replaced with DomainDiscretization. However, when I import orange, I only see the deprecated DiscretizedDomains and not the new DomainDiscretization.

Anyone have luck with this in a more recent build? Also, any more documentation available with these?

Regards,
Mark

Postby Janez » Tue Aug 15, 2006 17:11

Hi Mark,

I checked and found that none of these classes is used anywhere in the C++ code. Although you can see the DiscretizedDomain in Python, you can't call any of its specific methods, hence these classes are not used at all.

I guess that they must be here from when Orange didn't have the Python interface. What they do is better done in Python (see http://www.ailab.si/orange/doc/ofb/o_categorization.htm and the corresponding pages in Orange Reference and Orange Modules), so I'll just remove them.

Return to Bugs