Orange Forum • View topic - Orange on Max OS X

Orange on Max OS X

Report bugs (or imagined bugs).
(Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.)
Forum rules
Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.

Orange on Max OS X

Postby Flo » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:57

Hi all,

First of all I think Orange is really great from what I've seen in the tutorials! The only think is that I haven't managed to run it so far on my Mac OS X (10.4.8).

The installer provided (.dmg file) doesn't seem to contain the modules for python, therefore no scripting works and the GUI fails with "name not found" exceptions.

Trying to compile the newest snapshot on a linux machine also failed, because it seems that these sources are incomplete, too.

Via CVS I got the newest sources (as of 2007-01-31 10am GMT) and wanted to compile them. Didn't work in the beginning, after some fiddling around I discovered that the file "makefile.defs" is misspelled in the other Makefiles, namely those are looking for "makefile.deps". Renaming "makefile.defs" to "makefile.deps" seems the easiest way to resolve that issue and it compiles until ...

... just found out that it stops with:

In file included from lib_kernel.cpp:2369:
numeric_interface.hpp:37:35: error: Numeric/arrayobject.h: No such file or directory

Will investigate a bit further...

And the story continues!

Postby Flo » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:55

Having installed Numeric 24.2 (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... ge_id=1351) which works without any problem on my Mac I tried to compile orange again and it goes a little bit further.
But it stops at the last step as it seems, when it tries to link everything together:

g++ [SNIP] -o ../../orange.so
ld: Undefined symbols:
__ZN13TOrangeVectorISsLb0EE9push_backERKSs
__ZTI13TOrangeVectorI5GCPtrI9TVariableELb1EE
__ZTI13TOrangeVectorISsLb0EE
__ZTV13TOrangeVectorISsLb0EE
__ZTI13TOrangeVectorI5GCPtrI16TAssociationRuleELb1EE
__ZTV13TOrangeVectorI5GCPtrI16TAssociationRuleELb1EE

Investigating some of the object files with the "nm" command yields that quite a few symbols are undefined (nm -u <objectfile>).

And here I don't know what to do further...

Any help would be kindly appreciated!

Flo

Re: And the story continues!

Postby nknouf » Mon Feb 05, 2007 21:23

Flo wrote:Investigating some of the object files with the "nm" command yields that quite a few symbols are undefined (nm -u <objectfile>).

I think that's related to a similar error I'm receiving early on in compilation:

Code: Select all
ar: creating archive ../../liborange_include.a
ranlib: file: ../../liborange_include.a(common.o) has no symbols

I also have the same symbol issues when I reach the end of compilation.

Haven't figured out an answer to this one yet, but will post if I find a solution.

Postby Mitar » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:39

I have just made a Mac OS X bundle with the freshest Orange. You can find it under snapshots on Download page.

Please report any problems.

Return to Bugs