Orange Forum • View topic - Mixing system and user installations?

Mixing system and user installations?

Report bugs (or imagined bugs).
(Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.)
Forum rules
Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.

Mixing system and user installations?

Postby KiBi » Wed Feb 07, 2007 20:17

Hi,

I'd like to know whether there's a way to mix system and user installations, id est I'd like to get the system installation directory hierarchy (/usr/lib/pythonX.Y/site-packages/, /usr/lib, /usr/bin, /usr/share/doc/orange) within an user installation (that is in: put all those directories in $(pwd)/debian/tmp) so that a package can be created from an installation in a different root directory.

As far as I understand the INSTALL.txt file, the user installation implies to put everything in the same subdirectory by default, which should be tuned using the setuptools command-line options.

Unfortunately, I tried various combinations of --root, --prefix, --install-* options to do so, but without success (either it is impossible to create /usr/bin/orange, since it is running as an user, or all files are put in the target directory, without the wanted hierarchy). Regarding the first problem mentionned, I guess that a root/prefix option isn't taken into accound when the /usr/bin/orange link is created.

Any tip would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance,

--
Cyril Brulebois

Update: I'm using gcc 4.1.1, python 2.4.4, python-setuptools 0.6c5, and orange snapshot 20070206.

Return to Bugs