Orange Forum • View topic - K-Means Clustering Bug

K-Means Clustering Bug

Report bugs (or imagined bugs).
(Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.)
Forum rules
Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.

K-Means Clustering Bug

Postby Alfred » Wed Sep 19, 2007 21:27

I cannot run the K-means Clustering widget due to the following errors:

Unhandled exception of type occured at 16:25:46:
Traceback:
File: OWBaseWidget.py in line 510
Function name: processSignals
Code: handler(value)
File: OWKMeans.py in line 129
Function name: setData
Code: self.cluster()
File: OWKMeans.py in line 104
Function name: cluster
Code: self.mc = orngCluster.MClustering(examples, self.K,
self.DistanceMeasure+1)
File: orngCluster.py in line 198
Function name: __init__
Code: (a,b,c,d,e,f) = orngCRS.MCluster(distrlist,k,metric)
Exception type:
Exception value: MCluster() takes exactly 4 arguments (3 given)

Any help?

Postby Janez » Wed Sep 19, 2007 22:10

orngCRS is, unlike the rest of Orange, prepared with Swig, which seems not to care much about backward compatibility. We've find a problem (I think it was exactly this one) in k-means and fixed it in May already.

If you use Windows binaries, either download a new snapshot or replace c:\python25\python\lib\site-packages\_orngCRS.pyd with the one from http://www.ailab.si/orange/download/bin ... rngCRS.pyd (replace 25 with 24 or 23 if you have an older Python). Orange should not be running when you do this.

If you build the source yourself: the affected file is source/orngCRS/src/Clusting_wrap.cpp. Check that it does not contain "%typemap(in,numinputs=0) struct CFInfo *OutValue {" (it should have this same string, but without 'struct').

Please tell me if it worked.

Janez

Postby Alfred » Thu Sep 20, 2007 17:09

Thank you for the quick reply. It works fine.
I downloaded the file from http://www.ailab.si/orange/download/bin ... rngCRS.pyd and replaced the one in C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\orange. I originally used orange-w-python-0.9.66-py2.5.exe for installation.

Return to Bugs