Orange Forum • View topic - Save widget

Save widget

Report bugs (or imagined bugs).
(Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.)
Forum rules
Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.

Save widget

Postby sapienza » Fri Sep 28, 2007 18:24

I don't understand the widget save, or maybe it just doesn't work. I try to link it to the data sampler, but i don't understand how to save the sample.

Postby Janez » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:20

It works for me. With "Browse" you set the file name and it will save immediatelly. If you later want to save to the same file, you need to push the Save button. That is, the widget does not save every time it gets new data, but only when you change the filename or push Save.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 01, 2007 13:11

So to save the result, for example, of a dataset put into a data sampler, i have to link the data sampler to save and create a new file empty where my work sampled can be saved, right?

widget save doesn't work

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:51

I can't succeed in using the widget "save" ; in the window near the "Browse" button I can't write the file name. How does it work??

Postby Blaz » Sat Jan 19, 2008 19:41

Click on "Browse", the window opens where you set the directory and the file name.

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:45

That's what I do but I have this error message
"Unhandled exception of type occured at 10:43:44:
Traceback:
File: orngSignalManager.py in line 60
Function name: __call__
Code: self.method(*k)
File: OWSave.py in line 77
Function name: browseFile
Code: filename = str(dlg.selectedFile())
Exception type:
Exception value: selectedFile"

Postby Gregor Leban » Tue Jan 22, 2008 18:32

it seems that you have an old version of the Save widget. Can you checkout from cvs the latest version of Orange.

See http://www.ailab.si/orange/downloads.asp on how to do it.

Return to Bugs