Orange Forum • View topic - standalone simply doesnt run

standalone simply doesnt run

Report bugs (or imagined bugs).
(Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.)
Forum rules
Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.

standalone simply doesnt run

Postby Giorgio Luciano » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:46

I+ve alredy used orange without problem on a Computer running WinXP + python 2.5 + scipy + matplotlib. Today installed everything (orange complete + snapshot) I started using widget (they work perfectly), and then tried to save as standalone. Everything seems to work. When I doublle click on the icon (which the sistem mark as python file (no console) ) I see the hourglass and then notheing happens.
Any idea ??? Please help me I just wanted to show to new collegues how easy is using orange and now I dont+ know what to do.

Giorgio

Postby Gregor Leban » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:15

Hi Giorgio,

probably python threw an exception, but since there is no console window you cannot see it. The simplest solution is that you open a command prompt in the folder where you have this standalone file and type "python.exe name_of_the_standalone". this should print the exception in the command prompt.

If the exception that you get is our problem, then please post it here in the forum.

Best,
Gregor

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 04, 2007 14:20

Hello Gregory,
I+ve tried to run in console (after putting in the path python.exe) and it give me this error
"QPaintDevice:Must construct a QApplication before a QPaintDevice"
Any help will be greatly appreciated :)
thanks
Giorgio

Return to Bugs