Orange Forum • View topic - Unable to load orangeom and orangene

Unable to load orangeom and orangene

Report bugs (or imagined bugs).
(Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.)
Forum rules
Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.

Postby Janez » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:44

Robert,

why would you want to build orange on Windows?

Which version of VS do you use? The sources might still include the project files for some old VS's, but they are not maintained and are certainly outdated. We'll check this.

If everything else fails, you can still try the CVS. We all use it, so it contains everything there is.

Janez

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:32

Janez wrote:Robert,

why would you want to build orange on Windows?

Which version of VS do you use? The sources might still include the project files for some old VS's, but they are not maintained and are certainly outdated. We'll check this.

If everything else fails, you can still try the CVS. We all use it, so it contains everything there is.

Janez

Thank you for your reply!

I use VS 6.0. And I am using windows because I am more skilled in programming for windows. Wich version of VS would you recommend?

I tried to use CVS but I couldnt understand how to use it!
As I understood I should install some client software for it, that I couldnt downlad from the web site.Can you give me any links?

Postby Janez » Mon Oct 29, 2007 22:07

Robert,

I didn't mean to ask why you use Windows - I feel more at home there, too. I was asking why do you want to build orange instead of simply downloading the binaries. ;)

The project files for Orange are now for VS 2005 since this is the version we use. I haven't had time to check the download files yet, but any VS 6 stuff there doesn't work any more.

And for CVS: yes, you do have to download a client. If you're not a regular user, take WinCVS. Tortoise CVS is probably the best choice since it's integrated into Explorer, but occasional users do not need that.

In your place, I'd stick with the binary downloads...

Janez

Return to Bugs