Orange Forum • View topic - pyxtract of lib_components.cpp unhappy again

pyxtract of lib_components.cpp unhappy again

Report bugs (or imagined bugs).
(Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.)
Forum rules
Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.

pyxtract of lib_components.cpp unhappy again

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 21, 2008 18:32

Previously, it was reported that the pyxtract process in mumble/source/orange was generating an error:
Code: Select all
python ../pyxtract/pyxtract.py -m -q -n ORANGE  lib_io.cpp cls_orange.cpp orange.cpp functions.cpp lib_vectors.cpp cls_example.cpp cls_misc.cpp lib_components.cpp cls_value.cpp pythonvars.cpp distancemap.cpp lib_learner.cpp lib_kernel.cpp callback.cpp lib_preprocess.cpp
Warning: AttributedBoolList appears in different files (lib_components.cpp, lib_kernel.cpp)
Warning: AttributedBoolList appears in different files (lib_components.cpp, lib_kernel.cpp)

which later resulted in the compilation failing with:

Code: Select all
g++ -fPIC -fpermissive -w -DLINUX -DORANGE_EXPORTS -O3 -c lib_components.cpp -o obj/lib_components.o
In file included from lib_components.cpp:5504:
px/lib_components.px:35: error: `AttributedBoolList_getitem' was not declared in this scope
px/lib_components.px:36: error: `AttributedBoolList_setitem' was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [obj/lib_components.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/net/home/afant/repositories/svn/orange/source/orange'
make: *** [all] Error 1

For the initial reporter, a svn update cleared the problem. I've just run into it myself in rev 6114 (so updating from the tree isn't a likely fix).

I'm attempting to compile on centos 4.6 (with locally installed and more current versions of some of the dependencies, like python and numpy) and gcc 3.

Is there a known fix for this?

Thanks,
Andy

Same problem

Postby diego » Sun Aug 24, 2008 21:54

Same problem on Ubuntu, does anybody have a solution?

Postby Janez » Mon Aug 25, 2008 20:50

I had this problem on Windows, too. I fixed it, but I forgot how. I had a lot of uncommitted stuff on my machine, which I committed now, but none of it seems related to the problem.

I tried to replicate the bug on Ubuntu but could not.

Nevertheless, I found the line responsible (although it has been there forever, I don't know why the problem appeared only now) and patched it. My previous fix was apparently done differently, so now it is, well, fixed twice, so it should more than work.

Please try the new sources from the SVN.

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 25, 2008 22:09

Much better. It works now.

Andy

It's not solved for me

Postby escalant3 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 20:40

Hello, I was the one with the problem with Ubuntu 8.04. I have made checkout from svn this evening and I get the same error executing "make".

It does not know about AtributedBoolList :(

I would be very happy if I got this compiled because I am starting a project right now and I would like to develop it in my favourite language.

I have not tried the software yet but just reading the Docs it seems to be a really useful tool. Congrats for your work.

Cheers

Postby Janez » Wed Aug 27, 2008 21:00

I suppose you've done "make clean" before rebuilding?

If you have, please check manually that there are no .ppp or .px files left after cleaning. The erroneous AttributedBoolList appears in one of them.

Problem on Ubuntu

Postby escalant3 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 22:02

I have deleted the directory and check out from the scratch. I also have tried "make clean" but I keep getting the same message.

It seems it does not like my machine :S

"Solved"

Postby escalant3 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 21:52

It seems it has something to do with my laptop, because I have tried it on a desktop computer with same OS and same Gcc version and it works...

It is really weird but at least I can work now on my Desktop. I will try the Qt4 version with the laptop this weekend and perhaps I will be luckier than with the 1.0.

Thanks for your attention.

Return to Bugs