Orange Forum • View topic - visualize tab again

visualize tab again

Report bugs (or imagined bugs).
(Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.)
Forum rules
Archived/read-only, please use our ticketing system for reporting bugs and their discussion.

visualize tab again

Postby flagadabla » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:08

Hello,

I've seen several people have had problems with the visualize tab not showing up. I have this problem too and couldn't solve my problem by looking at the previous messages about that.

I'm on mac os X. I first downloaded the os X bundle and everything works fine, I do see the visualize tab. But then I wanted to use the scripting side of orange and installed it with fink. I don't see the visualize tab in the fink version. I used the following line to start orange, there is no error message.

$ python2.6 /sw/lib/python2.6/site-packages/orange/OrangeCanvas/orngCanvas.pyw

Does anybody have a solution or know where the problem comes from?

Thanks

Postby Ales » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:16

Can you post the contents of the Canvas output window after starting the canvas (menu bar ->Options->Show Output Window)

Postby flagadabla » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:58

Thanks Ales,
The output window was what I needed. I says that Qwt5 is missing. Installing pyqwt with fink or macports did the job. (if you do it with macports though, you have to make sure your fink python loads what's in your macports python site-package directory)

Return to Bugs