Orange Forum • View topic - ROC Analysis widget is absent

ROC Analysis widget is absent

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

ROC Analysis widget is absent

Postby rocketman » Sun Sep 15, 2013 17:33

Hey, guys! I've installed Orange 2.7.1.dev and I can't find ROC widget under Evaluate tab. Neither can I find Lift Analysis or Calibration Plot. Where cant I get 'em?

Re: ROC Analysis widget is absent

Postby Ales » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:58

rocketman wrote:Hey, guys! I've installed Orange 2.7.1.dev and I can't find ROC widget under Evaluate tab. Neither can I find Lift Analysis or Calibration Plot. Where cant I get 'em?

You are probably missing the PyQwt5 library. How did you install Orange? Which OS are you using?

Postby rocketman » Mon Sep 16, 2013 18:06

Windows 8 x86-64, downloaded from here: http://orange.biolab.si/download/
Full package: Snapshot of Orange with Python 2.7 and required libraries.

Postby Ales » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:44

Can you please run
Code: Select all
C:\Python27\python.exe -c "from PyQt4.Qwt5 import QwtPlot"
from the command prompt. Does this report any errors?

If not can you please also run
Code: Select all
C:\Python27\python.exe -m Orange.OrangeCanvas.main -l3 2> %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\canvas_log.txt
This will start Orange Canvas and store a detailed log on your desktop in canvas_log.txt file. Open that file and post it's contents here.

Postby rocketman » Wed Sep 18, 2013 14:18

C:\Users\***>C:\Python27\python.exe -c "from PyQt4.Qwt5 import QwtPlot"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named Qwt5

Postby Ales » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:14

Please run the Orange installer (with required libraries) again. You should be prompted to install PyQwt5.
If not please inspect the 'C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4' folder and make sure a directory (or file) named Qwt5 is not present there and then try running the installation again.

Postby rocketman » Sun Sep 22, 2013 22:01

Thank you, the problem is solved: when I was installing Orange for the first time, I always checked Python 3.3 when I was asked. But the "main" Python on my PC is 2.7, so I've reinstalled Orange always selecting 2.7 and now everything is OK.

Return to Questions & Support