Orange Forum • View topic - Sending results of Predictions to a Data Table

Sending results of Predictions to a Data Table

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

Sending results of Predictions to a Data Table

Postby garyspatterson » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:02

Just downloaded this tool and am getting familiar with it. I am using Visual Programming i.e. widgets on the canvas. I have set up the simplest possible Classifier using the voting.tab dataset and the NaiveBayes learner. I have fed the output from the learner, along with the original data, through to a Predictions widget. This verifies the results given in the tutorial, namely that four of the first five instances are successfully classified, but the third instance which had a class label of Democrat has been classified as a Republican. The problem is if I want to output the table of Original and Classified As results to a file. First, I have to put them into a Data Table (correct). However, when I do this I see that the two columns "party" (which was the Class from the original data file) and "Naive Bayes" (which are the predictions made by the learner) are identical. The 'party' shown in the grey column for the third instance shows 'Republican'. However, in the Data Table that is fed by the original File widget, the 'party' shown in the grey column for this instance is 'Democrat'.

Am I missing something?

Re: Sending results of Predictions to a Data Table

Postby Ales » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:00

Uncheck the 'Replace/Add predicted class' option in the output box (below 'Send Predictions' button) in the Predictions widget.

Re: Sending results of Predictions to a Data Table

Postby garyspatterson » Fri Feb 03, 2012 19:12

Great! Thanks for such a fast response.

Return to Questions & Support