Orange Forum • View topic - combining clustering results with labels

combining clustering results with labels

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

combining clustering results with labels

Postby deric » Mon Feb 06, 2012 15:47

Hey,
I'm pretty new to Orange, sorry for simple questions. I would like to cluster input data and then show results with images Molecule Visualizer from the Bioinformatics package (I have description in smilies syntax). I managed to run k-means clustering on my dataset after I selected just numeric attributes. However I'm not able to get some reasonable visualization of the result (at least coloring points on the scatter plot according to the cluster assignment would be nice).

I have an ID column in my dataset, I marked it as "string". Is there a better way how to do this? Maybe join clustering results with the smilies column through the ID?

Re: combining clustering results with labels

Postby Ales » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:59

deric wrote:However I'm not able to get some reasonable visualization of the result (at least coloring points on the scatter plot according to the cluster assignment would be nice).

The k-means widget should add an attribute with cluster assignments to its output signal (if the 'Append cluster indices' check box is checked). You can use this attribute to color the points in the Scatter plot.

deric wrote:I have an ID column in my dataset, I marked it as "string". Is there a better way how to do this? Maybe join clustering results with the smilies column through the ID?

You can just move the ID attribute to the meta attributes, using the 'Select Attributes' widget, then the k-means will just output the clustering results along with the ID column.

Re: combining clustering results with labels

Postby deric » Fri Feb 10, 2012 15:54

thanks a lot. Adding meta attributes did the trick.

Return to Questions & Support