Orange Forum • View topic - read different kind of data format files

read different kind of data format files

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

read different kind of data format files

Postby Sheila » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:20

1. How to read different kind of data format files in orange (in script file)?
2. How to convert data from one format to other in orange (in script file).
3. Is there any function/class which can check the data format and give warning/error ?

Re: read different kind of data format files

Postby Ales » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:38

Sheila wrote:1. How to read different kind of data format files in orange (in script file)?

Simply pass the filename to the Orange.data.Table constructor (the format is deduced from the extension)
Code: Select all
Orange.data.Table("iris.arff")

Sheila wrote:2. How to convert data from one format to other in orange (in script file).
Load and save to a file with the right extension
Code: Select all
Orange.data.Table("iris.tab").save("iris.arff")

Sheila wrote:3. Is there any function/class which can check the data format and give warning/error ?
No.


Return to Questions & Support