Orange Forum • View topic - how to load data in text-mining add-on?

how to load data in text-mining add-on?

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

how to load data in text-mining add-on?

Postby aparna » Thu Mar 22, 2012 14:14

Hi,
They say that .xml files are supported to load data into the text mining add-on,but the widget just had a red symbol above it and does not open it? How do I fix it?

Re: how to load data in text-mining add-on?

Postby Ales » Thu Mar 22, 2012 14:54

As far as I know the Text File widget loads data from a xml format specific for the Text mining addon (at least it is not documented anywhere and is next to useless). In any case the output of the widget should be a simple data table similar to for instance http://orange.biolab.si/svn/orange/trunk/add-ons/Text/doc/modules/bookexcerpts.tab which can be loaded with the regular File widget.

You are a candidate for GSOC, right (for text mining)? You probably know more about the standard formats in the field and replacing this widget could/should be part of your application .

Re: how to load data in text-mining add-on?

Postby aparna » Thu Mar 22, 2012 18:28

Hi Ales,
Thank you for the reply. You have given me a very nice idea for my application. :) As u said its not documented and is very hard to use too. Its a very interesting topic to work on :)
Thanking you,
Regards,
Aparna.N

Return to Questions & Support