Orange Forum • View topic - Build error (OpenGL and Qt)

Build error (OpenGL and Qt)

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

Build error (OpenGL and Qt)

Postby Imory » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:39

Hi there,

I am trying to build C++ code in Eclipse on my Mac OS X Snow Leopard, and got some errors.

First, as for OpenGL, I have a bunch of gl.h files on my machine in a variety of directories, but there is not really a directory named "OpenGL" containing gl.h. The only one seems to be formal is "/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/Current/Headers", which includes gl.h directly. However, it does not work as all the #includes are asking for "<OpenGL/gl.h>".

In terms of linking Qt dynamic library, I can only find one located in the directory <dev_dir>/QtSDK/Madde/targets/harmattan_10.2011.34-1/lib/. After I include this in Eclipse through Property -> C/C++ Builder -> Settings -> Tool Settings, it still shows some objects cannot be found, such as "QGraphicsObject", while some others are available, like "QTransform".

Could someone help on these two issues?
Thanks.

/Imory

Re: Build error (OpenGL and Qt)

Postby Imory » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:47

One more relevant question: do I have to install Qt rather than only its library (which are both available here http://qt.nokia.com/downloads)?
In the beginning, I just installed the library, which cost less of my disk space. But I could not even find QtCore directory. Those header files were also simply in one directory named "Headers".

Postby Ales » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:06

My advice is don't use eclipse for building. Use it for editing, but use 'setup.py build_ext --inplace' or 'make' directly (specifically if you want to build the orangeqt module, but this is optional - also you need cmake for this).

Postby Imory » Thu Mar 29, 2012 16:25

Ales, thank you for your suggestion.

I plan to use Ubuntu virtual machine (I do have one already) to edit C++ code if necessary. I think I would mainly focus on the Python part though, and that part works on my Snow Leopard for now.

Return to Questions & Support