Orange Forum • View topic - Problem loading .tab files (orange-canvas) in ubuntu

Problem loading .tab files (orange-canvas) in ubuntu

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

Problem loading .tab files (orange-canvas) in ubuntu

Postby Mauricio » Wed Apr 11, 2012 0:45

Hi everybody,

I am a beginer with orange, and I am very impressed.

However I have a problem loading continuous data with the file widget in the orange-canvas in my ubuntu 11.10 workstation. The decimals are not retrieved. I have experienced the same situation in a debian workstation but, in a windows vista pc the widget retrieves the values correctly.

For example, when I load the file breast-cancer-wisconsin-cont.tab, I get:

I have read some mesages concerning a similar problem but they where related to orange.ExampleTable(). In my case ExampleTable() works great, and the problem is just in orange-canvas.

Then, I wonder to know if it is a kown issu or some kind of misleading procudure of my part (some missing library or configuration detail).

Does anyone has a clue?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Problem loading .tab files (orange-canvas) in ubuntu

Postby Ales » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:13

I can't duplicate this. On Ubuntu 11.10 a freshly loaded breast-cancer-wisconsin-cont.tab shows two decimals. Is this screenshot a part of a bigger schema?

Postby Mauricio » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:57

Hi Ales,

Thankyou for the answer.
The schema is pretty simple: a file widget followed by a table widget.

I will continue the investigation.

Thanks again

Postby marko » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:57

By the way, which locale are you using? What is the decimal separator on your system? What happens if you try to switch the locale (not the keyboard) to English (if not already)?

Thanks,
Marko

Postby Mauricio » Fri Apr 13, 2012 0:18

Hi Marko,

The locale that I was using was FR_CA. But after read your post, I have changed it by EN_US and the problem has gone.

Thanks a lot.

Return to Questions & Support