Orange Forum • View topic - File Widget Files size limit

File Widget Files size limit

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

File Widget Files size limit

Postby jackRogers » Wed May 02, 2012 19:06

So when loading a tab file on the order of 25 megabytes, Orange fails to load the file. The file widget says, "Data not loaded due to error".

Does anyone have a workaround?
Is the a known problem?

Ive loaded in MUCH bigger datasets using the Geodatasets widget in the bioinformatics addon, so im guessing it is something in OWFile.py thats barfing.

Any ideas?

Re: File Widget Files size limit

Postby Pea » Wed May 02, 2012 20:04

I had this problem too, except my file was about 120mb. My guess at a workaround would be to split the file into multiple smaller files, load them in, then concatenate the tables. I just started exploring Orange a few days ago, though, so I don't know if it will work or if it will get mad at the table for being too big (or just crash from too much data, but you've loaded in bigger stuff to the program).

Re: File Widget Files size limit

Postby Ales » Thu May 03, 2012 10:01

The File widget does not have a limit on the dataset size (unless the unless the process actually runs out of memory while loading).

Can you hover the mouse over the error icon above the widget in the canvas. The tool tip should contain a more useful description of the error.

Return to Questions & Support