Orange Forum • View topic - To find a C++ Orange source and how to interface

To find a C++ Orange source and how to interface

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

To find a C++ Orange source and how to interface

Postby AS » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:53

Does anybody know:

1. How can I find TTreeClassifier C++ class source code referenced at http://www.ailab.si/orange/doc/reference/TreeLearner.htm:

If you'd like to understand how the classification works in C++, start reading at TTreeClassifier::vote.

2. I would like to understand how it's possible to use existing Orange C++ classes in C++ (not in Python) and/or what the interfaces are. In particular, I would like to implement an arc-fs type of random forest (described in one of the Breiman's paper)

Thanks!
-- AS

Postby Janez » Sat Oct 08, 2005 13:50

You can download the sources from the download page. Then search for the class TTreeClassifier.

There is no special documentation on C++ class interfaces, but I believe that the documentation for scripting (ie, Orange Reference Guide) should be useful since most classes appear roughly the same in Python and C++.

One thing you may also look at is the sources for modules orangeom.pyd or orangene/pyd, which are separate dlls that import classes from the main dll, orange.pyd.

Finally, why would you program random forests in C++ if you can more easily do it in Python, reusing the existing stuff from C++?

Return to Questions & Support