Orange Forum • View topic - Help with excel (Tab delimited)

Help with excel (Tab delimited)

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

Help with excel (Tab delimited)

Postby boliobolo » Mon Oct 15, 2012 14:14

The problem is, i did exactly like http://orange.biolab.si/doc/tutorial/load-data/ in my excel , when i look at the data table in the orange canvas,the data table show that the second(discrete) and third(?) row are included as the value , and now i have 26 rows... i think the second and third row doesnt supposed to show up but instead just giving the attributes either discrete or continous, so i really would like a solution for it

Re: Help with excel (Tab delimited)

Postby Ales » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:26

boliobolo wrote: i think the second and third row doesnt supposed to show up but instead just giving the attributes either discrete or continous
Yes they should not show up.
You probably have some formatting errors in your data, but I can't say what exactly without seeing the data.
Try checking the exported .tab file in a plain text editor.

Re: Help with excel (Tab delimited)

Postby boliobolo » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:52

I already figured it out. when you choose save as tab delimited format using excel, it usually save it in text format. so i download lense example from orange website and copy the whole data into the lense file(since the file is in the real tab delimited format). my problem seem to be solved

Return to Questions & Support