Orange Forum • View topic - [NOOB] .txt file

[NOOB] .txt file

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

[NOOB] .txt file

Postby Kamekjay » Thu Jan 17, 2013 15:28

Hi, i'm new to Orange and i'm trying to understand how it works with text files because i have to do some sort of text mining...can someone explain me how a text file needs to be written in order to be recognized correctly in classes, attributes and values. i made some sample files but no one is correct.
The widget find me only one class as the files first line...and all other words are record of this class with no attributes.
I've already read the forum and doc searching some solutions but i found nothing...please help me.

EDIT: -.- i was not tabbing the values but i was using only the space as separator :|
sorry

Re: [NOOB] .txt file

Postby roujri0005 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:50

Kamekjay wrote:Hi, i'm new to Orange and i'm trying to understand how it works with text files because i have to do some sort of text mining...can someone explain me how a text file needs to be written in order to be recognized correctly in classes, attributes and values. i made some sample files but no one is correct.
The widget find me only one class as the files first line...and all other words are record of this class with no attributes.
I've already read the forum and doc searching some solutions but i found nothing...please help me.

EDIT: -.- i was not tabbing the values but i was using only the space as separator :|
sorry

Hej @Kamekjay are you able to upload the text file ? How the text file format look like. Thanks.

Return to Questions & Support