Orange Forum • View topic - Contributing to Orange through Google Summer of Code

Contributing to Orange through Google Summer of Code

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

Contributing to Orange through Google Summer of Code

Postby sricharan92 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 15:39

Hi

I am Sricharan Sunder, a 4th year undergraduate student at Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. I am really looking forward to contributing to open source and as I am interested in Machine Learning , I see a good opportunity in contributing towards orange. I've been doing a couple of courses ( learning from data - Prof Yaser Abu-Mostafa and Machine learning- Prof. Andrew Ng ) and I have also done a couple of projects using both python and octave.

I saw the proposed topics on the website for GSoC 2013 and I would be really interested in implementing the support for NN learning. I can dedicate the whole of summer ( and a considerable amount of time now also ) and I am eager to get started. I would be grateful if I get some help on how to go about to start contributing and become an active contributor to the code base.

Kindly let me know if more information is required.

Thanking You,

Yours Sincerely,
Sricharan Sunder

Return to Questions & Support