Orange Forum • View topic - Conflict with multiprocessing on RHEL5?

Conflict with multiprocessing on RHEL5?

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

Conflict with multiprocessing on RHEL5?

Postby jasonzutty » Thu May 30, 2013 22:19

Hi There,

I am having a very bizarre issue with my code that I can't seem to drill down. Attached is a very simple multiprocessing piece of code:
<script src="http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=R2MNUNDm"></script>

This code runs fine on my ubuntu machine.

On my red hat enterprise 5 machine I get the error:
Code: Select all
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test.py", line 46, in managed
    return_dict = manager.dict()
  File "/opt/python2.7/lib/python2.7/multiprocessing/managers.py", line 667, in temp
    token, exp = self._create(typeid, *args, **kwds)
  File "/opt/python2.7/lib/python2.7/multiprocessing/managers.py", line 565, in _create
    conn = self._Client(self._address, authkey=self._authkey)
  File "/opt/python2.7/lib/python2.7/multiprocessing/connection.py", line 175, in Client
    answer_challenge(c, authkey)
  File "/opt/python2.7/lib/python2.7/multiprocessing/connection.py", line 413, in answer_challenge
    message = connection.recv_bytes(256)         # reject large message
IOError: [Errno 11] Resource temporarily unavailable

Which ONLY occurs when I have an import Orange in my code. Without it, the code runs like on my ubuntu machine, just as expected.

Is there anything within Orange or its dependencies that could cause this strange behavior?

Thanks,
Jason

Re: Conflict with multiprocessing on RHEL5?

Postby Ales » Fri May 31, 2013 10:09

After some googleing I found this issue. And Orange does set a default socket timeout.
Which version of Python 2.7 do you have installed (the date of resolution on the bug tracker indicates the fix should be included in 2.7.4)?

Return to Questions & Support