Orange Forum • View topic - Add-on icon

Add-on icon

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

Add-on icon

Postby bricklemacho » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:29

Finally upgraded to Orange 2.7. My workflow is: Image Processing -> Descriptors/Features -> Machine Learning (Orange). I liked the visual programming environment Orange provided so I developed a image processing add-on and a Image Descriptor add-on which I have been using for the last 6 months or so. It is a little rough so haven't released to community. Anyway....

Managed to work out how to use setup.py to "install" my add-ons. How can I do the following:

1. Change/provide a toolbox category icon for my local add-ons. Both my add-ons have the same default icon so it is annoying.

2. Change the order of the toolbox categories. Previous version had this as a setting.

Thanks,

Michael.
--

Re: Add-on icon

Postby bricklemacho » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:27

So this post seems to have had a few views with no answer. Is it safe to assume there are no settings or configuration file or something.

So I guess it either modify the source code or revert back to 2.6. Any other ideas?

Postby Ales » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:39

bricklemacho wrote:1. Change/provide a toolbox category icon for my local add-ons. Both my add-ons have the same default icon so it is annoying.

You can define the icon/background/priority in your category's package (the one registered as the entry point in your setup.py) __init__.py file. For an example look at Evaluate package in Orange.

bricklemacho wrote:2. Change the order of the toolbox categories. Previous version had this as a setting.

This is currently not (yet) implemented in the new interface, but if all you want is to place your own categories use the PRIORITY constant in the package.

Postby bricklemacho » Wed Sep 18, 2013 17:30

Thanks again, bit new to the "entry point" setup.py. The PRIORITY constant is sufficient for my needs. Cheers.

Return to Questions & Support