Orange Forum • View topic - Help with importing data with Orange canvas

Help with importing data with Orange canvas

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

Help with importing data with Orange canvas

Postby naroays » Sun Sep 15, 2013 17:06

I tried to import .csv file with "file" in Orange canvas. However, when I saw the info the imported data, it turned out that the first row and column were omitted. The size of the data was 593×78, but when it was imported, the size of it became 592×77. I imported the data in Matlab and found out that the data size was correct.

I was quite confused by this. Would everybody help me out please?

Thank you!

Re: Help with importing data with Orange canvas

Postby naroays » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:30

Nobody met this problem before???!

Postby Ales » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:24

naroays wrote:I tried to import .csv file with "file" in Orange canvas. However, when I saw the info the imported data, it turned out that the first row and column were omitted.

File widget tries to interpret the second line as the domain definition from the native orange .tab file even from a .csv file. Some times this eats the first row even when it should not.

You might try using the CSV File import widget instead. It offers better control over the import process.

Postby naroays » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:02

where did i find csv file import widget?

Postby naroays » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:06

Ales wrote:
naroays wrote:I tried to import .csv file with "file" in Orange canvas. However, when I saw the info the imported data, it turned out that the first row and column were omitted.

File widget tries to interpret the second line as the domain definition from the native orange .tab file even from a .csv file. Some times this eats the first row even when it should not.

You might try using the CSV File import widget instead. It offers better control over the import process.

Thank you. But how can i use csv file import widget?

Return to Questions & Support