Orange Forum • View topic - text file

text file

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

text file

Postby Jony » Mon Sep 16, 2013 16:24

hi,

i have installed text mining add on. now i am truing to read .txt file with the text file widget from the text mining domain, but it shows the data can not be read? what types of files this text file widget can import?

Re: text file

Postby Jony » Mon Sep 16, 2013 18:00

https://bitbucket.org/biolab/orange-tex ... at=default
here i found it can read only xml and sgm format. i have converted my .txt file to .xml, it still can not read it. how to solve, i really need your help urgently.

Postby Jony » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:42

in the same link, the provided photo shows the widget name as (QT) text file and selected file is .xml. my widget is just text file. do i need to make it (QT), how to do that?

Postby Ales » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:55

As far as I know, the 'Text file' loads data from specialized xml files with limited use. You can instead format and load data with the regular File widget.
For instance load this file with 'Data/File' widget bookexcerpts.tab an use it as the input for other widgets in the Text category.

Postby Ales » Fri Sep 20, 2013 18:18

After some digging through the code I found out that the '.sgm' files mentioned are for loading of Reuters-21578 text collection (it loads all files .sgm in the containing directory).

Another accepted format (the simpest) is a simple .txt file where there are two lines for one document. The first line contains the path to the file with the text and the second line contains the (space separated) document categories.

Return to Questions & Support