Orange Forum • View topic - One Schema & multiple sources or one schema per data source?

One Schema & multiple sources or one schema per data source?

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

One Schema & multiple sources or one schema per data source?

Postby bricklemacho » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:03

I have set up a simple workflow with a data source, few classifiers, and a test learner. The primary data source has 8 class. I have a secondary data source which only has two class, object and background.

I want to compare multiclass classifiers verse a binary class classifier. Can I have both data sources in the one schema?

At the moment if I open the second data source on the same schema as the first, it claims the it has 9 class i.e. adds "object", whereas it only has two object and background . If I open the second data source in it own schema, then it only has two classes.

The data sources are a csv file, first line with attributes names. Is this a bug with the csv reader or correct behaviour? Or is the "Orange" way to have one data source per schema?

Any help is appreciated,

Michael.
--
Orange 2.7.2 from the Mac OSX bundle with c4.5 built and installed.

Re: One Schema & multiple sources or one schema per data sou

Postby Ales » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:17

bricklemacho wrote: Can I have both data sources in the one schema?
Yes.

bricklemacho wrote:At the moment if I open the second data source on the same schema as the first, it claims the it has 9 class i.e. adds "object", whereas it only has two object and background . If I open the second data source in it own schema, then it only has two classes.
In the "File" widget click the "Advanced settings" check box and then select the "... Always create a new attribute" option (some background reading http://orange.biolab.si/docs/latest/reference/rst/Orange.feature.descriptor/#reuse-of-descriptors).

Postby Ales » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:19

On a second thought, I'm not sure this works with .cvs files.

Postby bricklemacho » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:21

Just tested, works with CSV files. I slowly learning all the options. Thanks.

Return to Questions & Support