Orange Forum • View topic - Feature scoring/ranking variance

Feature scoring/ranking variance

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

Feature scoring/ranking variance

Postby bricklemacho » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:19

I can score features (Relief, RFE, Random Forest etc). I not sure how the score/value is obtained but I assume there is a variance and/or error associated with some/all scoring methods. Is it possible to obtain a variance and/or error measure associated with the scores? Either via scripting or Widget interface is fine.

Also, the Rank widget does not see to retain options. Every time I reopen the schema it resets the Rank widget to its defaults. Tried a blank schema consisting only of rank widget, changed options, save, close open. Rank widget reset to defaults.

Re: Feature scoring/ranking variance

Postby Ales » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:22

bricklemacho wrote:I can score features (Relief, RFE, Random Forest etc). I not sure how the score/value is obtained but I assume there is a variance and/or error associated with some/all scoring methods. Is it possible to obtain a variance and/or error measure associated with the scores? Either via scripting or Widget interface is fine.
No, there is no standard method to do this (and not all scoring methods have a variance/error associated with them).

bricklemacho wrote:Also, the Rank widget does not see to retain options. Every time I reopen the schema it resets the Rank widget to its defaults. Tried a blank schema consisting only of rank widget, changed options, save, close open. Rank widget reset to defaults.
Thanks. I will fix this.

Return to Questions & Support