Orange Forum • View topic - PLS workflow example

PLS workflow example

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

PLS workflow example

Postby pbon » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:28

Dear,
Do you have an example (ows file) of a workflow reading housing.tab file and performing a PLS model. Then I wanted to visualize a 2D scatterplot of predicted versus experimental values. I tried to get it work using the different tools (File, PLS regression, Scatterplot(QT)) etc) but I can't find a solution. The script will be used for teaching. Thanks in advance for your help. Pb

Re: PLS workflow example

Postby Ales » Fri Oct 25, 2013 15:43

Use
Code: Select all
File --> PLS --> Predictions --> Select Attributes --> Scatterplot
   |--------------^

Note: the Predictions widget adds the predicted columns as a meta attribute which are not displayed in Scatterplot, so you have to move them to regular columns using the "Select Attribtues" widget.

Postby pbon » Tue Nov 05, 2013 14:44

Thank you for your reply. When selecting "Select Attributes" I don't see any columns, all is empty, therefore I can't select the column "PLS regression" generated in Predictions widget. Thanks pb

Postby Ales » Wed Nov 06, 2013 13:34

pbon wrote:When selecting "Select Attributes" I don't see any columns, all is empty, therefore I can't select the column "PLS regression" generated in Predictions widget. Thanks pb
Please update to the latest version of Orange. This should be fixed now.

Postby pbon » Wed Nov 06, 2013 21:33

Thanks it works fine. pb

Return to Questions & Support