Orange Forum • View topic - Problem with orngStat on Redhat

Problem with orngStat on Redhat

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

Problem with orngStat on Redhat

Postby manisha » Fri Oct 25, 2013 14:55

Hello,

I have been using Orange( in script) on my redhat linux machine. Recently I did a easy_install upgrade and after that I am unable to use orngStat module. Whenever I try to import it, I get the following error which I am unable to fix.

Code: Select all
>>> import orngStat
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Orange-2.7-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/Orange/__init__.py:111: UserWarning: Some features will be disabled due to failing modules
Importing 'classification.neural' failed: No module named scipy.sparse
  _import("classification.neural")
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Orange-2.7-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/Orange/__init__.py:129: UserWarning: Importing 'regression.lasso' failed: No module named scipy.linalg
  _import("regression.lasso")
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/orange/orngStat.py", line 3, in <module>
    from Orange.evaluation.scoring import \
ImportError: cannot import name ROCs_from_CDT

Can anyone please help me?
Thanks

Re: Problem with orngStat on Redhat

Postby Ales » Fri Oct 25, 2013 16:02

You seem to have two Orange installations, one as an egg and one (old) as a flat install.

Try moving "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/orange" out of the way (assuming you installed it manually and not through a package manager).

Note that you should also install scipy to get rid of the two warnings.

Postby manisha » Sat Oct 26, 2013 13:47

Hi Ales,

Thanks for the reply.
Yes you are correct, I see that I have two installation.
But i dont get your point clearly. Do you mean that I should delete that folder?
I tried to remove the path to "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/orange" form orange.pth file inside site-packages. But after that "import orange" fails at the terminal.

This may be something very basic, sorry that I am unable to get it. Can you please explain a bit more.

Thanks

Postby Ales » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:25

manisha wrote:Do you mean that I should delete that folder?
I tried to remove the path to "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/orange" form orange.pth file inside site-packages
I meant to rename the file to something like orange.bck although removing the entry from the orange.pth should work the same.

manisha wrote:But after that "import orange" fails at the terminal.
How? With an ImportError? What about "import Orange"?

The install process should install Orange-orng-modules.pth path to access (now deprecated) 'orange' and orng* modules (located in Orange/orng/ sub directory), but maybe this did not happen. Can you check the "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/" directory for that file?

Postby manisha » Tue Oct 29, 2013 14:23

Hi Ales,

In fact removed all orange installations that I had and re-installed orange using easy_install. Now I have only one orange egg for use. "import Orange" is working well but still giving the warnings as I haven't succeeded to install scipy on the machine.
As I was using directly the orange modules like orange,orngIO, orngStat etc. in my script, I need to edit all the scripts to use these modules via "Orange". I will execute it and let you know if I have any problem.
Can you please provide me with the link for the documentation of orngIO ? I cant find the old one that I have.
Thank you again for the help.

Postby manisha » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:52

Hi Ales,
Orange is working well now on my Redhat machine (except for the warnings, due to the unavailabilty of Scipy). Thanks a lot for the help.

Return to Questions & Support