Orange Forum • View topic - Orange 2.7 on Mac Constantly Hangs and Crashes

Orange 2.7 on Mac Constantly Hangs and Crashes

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

Orange 2.7 on Mac Constantly Hangs and Crashes

Postby jonmrich » Mon Dec 02, 2013 17:15

I'd previously used older versions of Orange with no issues on my Mac. I'm now using 2.7 and I can't get through any of the analyses that worked fine in the past. Trying to do hierarchical clustering and it takes "forever" and then the app crashes. Even the most basic things take a very long time if there is no crash.

I am using Mavericks now and with previous version of Orange I was on Mountain Lion.

Is anyone else having similar issues? Recommendations for how to improve performance?

Thanks,
JMR

Re: Orange 2.7 on Mac Constantly Hangs and Crashes

Postby Ales » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:13

jonmrich wrote:Is anyone else having similar issues? Recommendations for how to improve performance?
I have not seen any issues (I'm using Snow Leopard but different OSX versions should not affect the performance).
Can you provide more details about what kind of data (size, attribute types, ...) you are analyzing and structure of the workflow.
Also please post the stack trace from the crash reporter (click "Show Details" if it is not visible by default).

Postby Enzo » Wed Dec 04, 2013 14:43

RStudio (for R) had to abandon the use of QT for MAvericks because of problems similar to the ones reported by JMR.

It would be good to check on this whether QT is a problem. I have recently installed MAvericks but I haven't done any work recently with ORange. I'll try it if it works and report.
Thanks Enzo

Postby gbernal » Tue Jan 07, 2014 20:10

I'm having the same issues as OP. Any advice on this issue?

Return to Questions & Support