Orange Forum • View topic - "Discretize" widget missing in 2.7.3.dev-unknown

"Discretize" widget missing in 2.7.3.dev-unknown

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

"Discretize" widget missing in 2.7.3.dev-unknown

Postby kwende » Wed Dec 11, 2013 17:16

I have two versions of Orange: one on my laptop and one on my desktop. The version on my desktop is 2.7.1, while the one on my laptop is 2.7.3.dev-unknown. The presumably latest version (2.7.3.dev-unknown) doesn't have a "Discretize" widget under the data tab.

I am new to the community so maybe I missed some build notes somewhere, but I'm curious why this has been removed? It's very useful for what I'm doing. :?

Re: "Discretize" widget missing in 2.7.3.dev-unknown

Postby Ales » Thu Dec 12, 2013 13:32

kwende wrote:I am new to the community so maybe I missed some build notes somewhere, but I'm curious why this has been removed? It's very useful for what I'm doing.
It was not removed.
The most probable cause for a missing Discretize widget is a missing (or broken) PyQwt5 library.
Which OS are you using, and how did you install Orange?

Postby kwende » Thu Dec 12, 2013 18:14

I downloaded it anew on Windows 8.1. Downloaded the nightly build ("snapshot of Orange with Python 2.7 and required libraries ")

It's worth noting - at our office - we've had several people download it and none of them are able to see the Discretize widget. The only person is me. Everyone is using Windows 8.1.

Postby kwende » Fri Dec 13, 2013 17:54

I just copied my old build to everyone's machine. Since most people didn't even have python on their machine, I have to assume it's the orange installer somehow. When the installer gets fixed we'll upgrade.

Return to Questions & Support