Orange Forum • View topic - Scatter plot - options, choices and extensions?

Scatter plot - options, choices and extensions?

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

Scatter plot - options, choices and extensions?

Postby smmudge » Fri Feb 14, 2014 15:07

Orange is a great tool for data display - but I have some questions about "scatter plot".

1. The current implementation is 2D only; is a 3D version (a) available or (b) coming?

2. When choosing the size option (this is great by the way), I can choose the final size on the settings tab. Is this a measure of the size range? If so, I would prefer a larger range if possible...

3. When I save the graph as an SVG file, it generates a whole shed load of icons (30+ x five classes) under the figure that are almost identical (slight change in size in one or two sets). This is not necessary - is there a way of either making them more representative of the sizes on the figure or not displaying them at all?

Many thanks
Steve

Re: Scatter plot - options, choices and extensions?

Postby Ales » Thu Feb 20, 2014 13:27

smmudge wrote:1. The current implementation is 2D only; is a 3D version (a) available or (b) coming?
No on both points.

smmudge wrote:2. When choosing the size option (this is great by the way), I can choose the final size on the settings tab. Is this a measure of the size range? If so, I would prefer a larger range if possible...
Yes it is a range. But I don't think increasing it is a good idea.

smmudge wrote:3. When I save the graph as an SVG file, it generates a whole shed load of icons (30+ x five classes) under the figure that are almost identical (slight change in size in one or two sets). This is not necessary - is there a way of either making them more representative of the sizes on the figure or not displaying them at all?
This was a bug. It should be fixed in today's snapshots.

Return to Questions & Support