Orange Forum • View topic - How Do I Select Data Attributes

How Do I Select Data Attributes

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

How Do I Select Data Attributes

Postby DrJSquared » Thu Mar 13, 2014 22:40

I have used other Data/Text Mining tools like Weka to do this. I'm not sure how to select attributes from a data file. I have a data file and don't want to use all of the attributes in the model. How do I remove some of the attributes from the model without deleting the data from the actual file?

Re: How Do I Select Data Attributes

Postby Ales » Wed Mar 19, 2014 14:50

You can use the 'Select Attributes' widget in Orange Canvas.

Postby JoshuaR » Fri Apr 04, 2014 18:39

It seems like I need to then draw lines from my data attributes widget, as opposed to the File widget, correct? Basically once I've selected attributes, I need to treat my attributes widget as my data/file widget?

(In general I'm just confused on the flow of widgets. Like the tutorial having data go to Test Learners and then Classifier widgets going to Test Learners ignoring the File widget is an odd choice in my head. I would imagine the data should flow to the Classifiers, should flow to the Test Learners etc., so pardon the dumb question)

Postby JoshuaR » Tue Apr 08, 2014 17:18

For example, one thing I'd like to do is, for a rare positive classification, I want to take the set of all positive classifications and run a classification scheme against an equal number of negatives, and repeat with the same positives against a new set of negatives until I've used the whole training set.

Return to Questions & Support