Orange Forum • View topic - error in loading file

error in loading file

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

error in loading file

Postby borgesa1 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:57

I am trying to perform a hierarchical analysis but the program could not load the sample due to the following error: ´orange.TabDelimExampleGenerator´: the number of attribute types does not match the number of attributes. Is it anything to do with the file (text) format?

Re: error in loading file

Postby Ales » Tue Mar 18, 2014 19:57

borgesa1 wrote:Is it anything to do with the file (text) format?
Yes.
The error means there is a mismatch in the number of cells between the first and the second line of the tab file.

Re: error in loading file

Postby Spelc » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:50

Can anyone help me, what all this errors mean, which I receive, when I want to load txt file?

UnicodeDecodeError Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\Orange\OrangeWidgets\Data\OWFile.py", line 218, in selectFile
self.browseDocDatasets()
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\Orange\OrangeWidgets\Data\OWFile.py", line 228, in browseDocDatasets
self.browse(Orange.utils.environ.dataset_install_dir)
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\Orange\OrangeWidgets\Data\OWFile.py", line 254, in browse
self.openFile(filename)
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\Orange\OrangeWidgets\Data\OWFile.py", line 302, in openFile
self.error(str(ex))
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\Orange\OrangeWidgets\OWBaseWidget.py", line 870, in error
self.setState("Error", id, text)
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\Orange\OrangeWidgets\OWWidget.py", line 117, in setState
stateChanged = OWBaseWidget.setState(self, stateType, id, text)
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\Orange\OrangeWidgets\OWBaseWidget.py", line 897, in setState
self.printEvent(stateType + " - " + text)
File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\Orange\OrangeWidgets\OWBaseWidget.py", line 839, in printEvent
text = self.captionTitle + ": " + text
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc8 in position 138: ordinal not in range(128)

Return to Questions & Support