Orange Forum • View topic - Orange canvas get data from database widget

Orange canvas get data from database widget

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

Orange canvas get data from database widget

Postby sursma » Sun May 18, 2014 23:01

I was wondering if there is any widget to get the data from database like mysql. widget something like file widget

Re: Orange canvas get data from database widget

Postby Jorgecortes » Fri May 30, 2014 16:51

Hi, my name is Jorge, I'm from Colombia and I actually work in one of the most important dental clínic in the country "Dentisalud". We have a patient database with around 1500 registers. We are planning to use dataminning and we would like to know if the scope of your software satisfies this condition.

Postby Jorgecortes » Fri May 30, 2014 17:05

Another question that I have is... The meaning of what we would like to do is, we have a software called "Dental Managment", in which we export database in MS EXCEL. Every single database have around 15000 registers. We are looking forward to identify similar registers in all databases. For example:

Name ID Register ID
Jorge Cortés 1018443218 1
Jorge Cortez 1018443218 2
Fabián Buitrago 1111111111 3
Ivan González 2222222222 4
Jorge Alonso Cortés 1018443218 5

The registers 1, 2 and 5 are the same person but with a different register name on it. We would like to know if Orange can identify all similar registers from all databases

Postby Ales » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:18

sursma wrote:I was wondering if there is any widget to get the data from database like mysql. widget something like file widget
Not really. There are two widgets ('SQL' and 'SQL Select') in the Prototypes section, but they are not really tested.

Postby Ales » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:37

Jorgecortes wrote:The registers 1, 2 and 5 are the same person but with a different register name on it. We would like to know if Orange can identify all similar registers from all databases
This seems like something best solved in the database (with a select/group by). However there is a widget "Group By" you could use.

Return to Questions & Support