Orange Forum • View topic - why definition of dllimport static data member not allowed

why definition of dllimport static data member not allowed

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

why definition of dllimport static data member not allowed

Postby buben » Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:43

I downloadedl the Orange-setup.exe and installed it in my computer D:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\orange.then downloaded the orange-source-snap-2005-12-21.tgz and decompressed it. Thirdly I replaced the file under D:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\orange by the decompressed file, and run the file _pyxtract.bat under D:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\orange\source. It generated two new files,orangene and orangeom. At last I use visual studio 6.o to open the orange_core.dsp, and compile it. but I get 597 errors: the first error like:
d:\python23\lib\site-packages\orange\source\orange\ppp\assistant.ppp(19) : error C2491: 'TAssistantExampleGenerator::st_classDescription' : definition of dllimport static data member not allowed.
There are 559 errors is error C2491.
Another 14 error like:
d:\python23\lib\site-packages\orange\source\orange\assoc.cpp(36) : error C2720: 'st_classDescription' : '__declspec(dllimport ) ' storage-class specifier illegal on members
The other 14 error like:
d:\python23\lib\site-packages\orange\source\orange\assoc.cpp(36) : fatal error C1903: unable to recover from previous error(s); stopping compilation.
Why? Thanks!

I compiled the wrong dsw file

Postby buben » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:38

Later I know the orange_core.dsw file is an old version file, the right is the orange.dsw file under sour/orange folder.but there are another 9 link eror,one of its is:
basket.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class
std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
std::allocator<char> > __cdecl trim(class std::basic_string<char,struct
std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &)" (
?trim@@YA?AV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@ABV12@@Z.
Any advice? Thanks!

Return to Questions & Support