Orange Forum • View topic - Widget Support for Newbie

Widget Support for Newbie

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

Widget Support for Newbie

Postby Thom » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:32

I am less than 72 hours old to Orange Widgets but find it very interesting and potentially useful. I am not proficient at scripting yet, so I was drawn to the visual programing with the widgets. Unfortunately, I have only found 4 of the data widgets with any documentation or examples in the Widget catalog. I was hoping someone can direct me towards some more tutorials or further documentation on the use of widgets.
Thank you in advance,
Thom

Postby Janez » Sat Apr 08, 2006 21:56

We have set the goal to have (at least) 30 widgets documented by Jun 1. But for now, four is all we have.

On the other hand - do you really need the documentation? Widgets were meant to be so simple that anyone can use most of them without having to read anything. If there's something you don't understand - just ask.

Janez

Postby Thom » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:00

Thanks. I am looking forward to it. I am new to the kinds on data mining methods the widgets run and I am looking for any help (examples). On that note, I have had some positive results even though I really do not understand what it is they are doing. They are easy to use.
Climbing the learning curve,
Tom

Return to Questions & Support