Orange Forum • View topic - cannot save data

cannot save data

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

cannot save data

Postby jethrotull » Wed Nov 29, 2006 16:33

Hi
I have a great problem with saving data produced by the MDS (Multidimensional Scaling) widget. The "save" button in the Save File widget (attached to the output of the MDS) properties is disabled or does not work.
here's my test data: www.jo.elk.pl/yggaz/mag/1.tab
and the ows: www.jo.elk.pl/yggaz/mag/mag.ows
any help will be greatly appreciated

Postby jethrotull » Wed Nov 29, 2006 16:52

Update: the MDS widget does not seem to produce any data on its output at all. No visualizasion widget work when connected to the MDS's output.

Postby jethrotull » Wed Nov 29, 2006 17:13

yet another update: I'm working on windows xp. Someone reported the same bug on linux, and the bug was claimed to be platform specific.

Postby AlesE » Fri Dec 01, 2006 20:38

I cant replicate this problem.
Are you sure you selected pressed the "Send selection" button or have the "Auto send selected" check box checked

jethrotull

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 04, 2006 15:10

well, that worked. Seems I just used it in a wrong way :oops:.
Many thanks!

save widget not working for me either

Postby Henry » Sat Jun 23, 2007 17:03

When I attempt to use the save widget to save an example table, I get this error:
Unhandled exception of type occured at 11:40:54:
Traceback:
File: orngSignalManager.py in line 60
Function name: __call__
Code: self.method(*k)
File: OWSave.py in line 77
Function name: browseFile
Code: filename = str(dlg.selectedFile())
Exception type:
Exception value: selectedFile

All I have in my canvas is the file widget, set to iris.tab, with its output going to the save widget.

Windows XP, Python 2.5, orange 0.9.66

Any help for this relative newbie appreciated!

Henry

also cannot save

Postby vnams » Thu Jul 05, 2007 18:36

I am having the same problem and get the same error messages. I cannot save to a file, even when the save widget is directly connected to the file widget. I know data is getting out of the file widget because when I also connect it to the data table widget then I can see the data. Is there some trick to entering the file name, because when I try to save again I don't see the previous file name listed?

Thanks, Vilis Nams

Postby Janez » Sun Jul 08, 2007 14:42

Henry, Vilis, can you try with the snapshot? Just download it and install it over the existing installation. We're in the debugging phase, so the """stable""" release has typically more bugs than the snapshot.

Janez

File Save works

Postby vnams » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:47

Yes, the File Save widget works in todays snapshot.
Thanks, Vilis

Return to Questions & Support