Orange Forum • View topic - How to set buildC45.py in win32

How to set buildC45.py in win32

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

How to set buildC45.py in win32

Postby xzhang » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:07

Hi,

I have download "C4.5 sources, buildC45.py, and esemble.c" files, and put buildC45.py and esemble.c into R8/Src directory. but I do not know how to build the plug-in. what is the meaning of " On Windows, the scripts we provide work with MS Visual C and the files CL.EXE and LINK.EXE must be on the PATH." ? I do not understand how to put CL.EXE and LINK.EXE on the PATH. Is that means use the MS VC path, which includes cl.exe and link.exe files, instead of the word "PATH" in the buildC45.py ?

I have tryed many times, but it always has the error :

Compiler (cl.exe) could not be found on PATH.
Correct the PATH or compile ensemble.c into c45.dll yourself.

Can anyoen tell me how to solve this problem? Thanks.

nobody knows?

Postby xzhang » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:37

:(

Postby Janez » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:00

The simplest way is to just run c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\vcvars32.bat (for VC 8, other versions have slightly different paths) from command line before running - in the same console window - the build script.

Postby xzhang » Thu Jul 19, 2007 14:22

Janez wrote:The simplest way is to just run c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\vcvars32.bat (for VC 8, other versions have slightly different paths) from command line before running - in the same console window - the build script.

Thanks a lot ! I made it :D

Return to Questions & Support