Orange Forum • View topic - Example Table

Example Table

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

Example Table

Postby tankiitr » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:30

Hello
I am working on datasets from NLTK and would like to use Orange for it. Could we load the data using ExampleTable. I also would like to work on some massive data sets. I am actually having difficulty in locating Example Table. I believe its generated from ExampleGenerator. How do i view these classes and change them ?

Sincerely
Tanmoy

Postby Janez » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:32

Hi, can you be more specific? What do you mean by "locating" the class? Their C++ sources? If you search through the .?pp files, you'll find TExampleTable is in table.hpp/cpp. Why and how would you want to change them?

I suggest you leave the ExampleGenerator and ExampleTable alone. There's not much there to change, and whatever you change you will most likely make a mess.

Janez

Postby tankiitr » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:58

Thanks Janez.....
Yes i mean their C++ sources....Why i would like to change that is because if i want to use a set of different formats apart from .tab format and c 4.5 and something in Natural Language toolkit then it would be a problem. Please let me know if there would be any other alternative....

Thanks

Postby Janez » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:05

Sure there is. You don't want to do such things in C: not only is the parser much more complicated than in Python, you'd also have to change to many things at too many places to add a new format.

Take a look at module orange/orngIO.py, which reads the Weka's .arff format. Do the same for your data format. If you add your functions to this module and register them in the same way as the function for arff, then Orange canvas should also recognize it (tell me if it doesn't). There is also some documentation at http://www.ailab.si/orange/doc/reference/userformats.htm.

Return to Questions & Support