Orange Forum • View topic - my Orange doen not open

my Orange doen not open

A place to ask questions about methods in Orange and how they are used and other general support.

my Orange doen not open

Postby ykhodadad » Mon Oct 20, 2008 22:09

Hello,

I have been working with Orange from two weeks ago. I also was working on Oct 19. I can not open Orange from today Oct 20.
I uninstalled and installed it again but there was not any change.

Would you please help me what I should do?

Best REgards,
Yasaman Khodadadegan[/b]

Postby miha » Tue Oct 21, 2008 13:36

Hi,

this is probably connected to Orange settings that are stored in your home directory and were not deleted upon reinstall. Could you tell me some more information about your problem, i.e.:

- your OS
- python error message (try running orange from console)
- content of orngCanvas.ini file (location depends on you OS)

miha

My Orange does not work

Postby ykhodadad » Tue Oct 21, 2008 16:51

Thank you so much for your reply.

My OS is WindowsXP.

I have found out that there are some files in my Python and Orange folders that are unknown such as

orngCanvas.pywc
_orngCRS.pyd
orange.pyd
orangene.pyd
orangeom.pyd
statc.pyd

libqtcanvasc.pyd
libqtnetworkc.pyd
libqtxmlc.pyd

pywin32-212-py2.6.egg-info
pywin32.pth

I uninstalled it and installed again but I still can not open it. It doesn't show any message.

Best regards,
Yasaman Khodadadegan

Postby miha » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:41

We just prepared new Orange installation bundle. You can find it on Orange download page or use this link:
http://www.ailab.si/orange/download/orange-win-w-python-snapshot-2008-10-22-py2.5.exe

Before installing new Orange remove the old one and also manually delete settings folder, that you can find here:
C:\Documents and Settings\"username"\Application Data\orange

miha

My Orange does not open

Postby ykhodadad » Wed Oct 22, 2008 17:50

Hello,

Thanks for your response. I installed it again and now I receive a massege" This application has failed to start because MSVCP80.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.".

I downloaded this file and extract it in "C:\Python25\DLLs". It shows me the same massege. Is there any other place which I should extract it there too?

Best regards,
Yasaman Khodadadegan

Postby Gregor Leban » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:36

Hi,

the dll should be in the windows\system32 folder.

Regards,
gregor

Return to Questions & Support